April 12, 2011

Awards and Choices

Today, I attended my school’s annual Honors Convocation ceremony.  I watched as many people took the stage to accept awards or receive recognition.  As I sat watching the professors accept awards for service, scholarship and teaching, one of my favorite quotes came to mind:

“Choice, not circumstances, determines your success”
~ Anonymous

The people that received an award today chose to do certain actions that led them to that success.  They actively shaped their futures instead of letting external forces dictate their success.  Seeing this inspires me, as I believe we can all do the same thing.  Our recognition may not come in the form of a formal event but in knowing we took control and got results.

My advice to you is take control and be accountable for your future.  Don’t allow yourself to be a victim of circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment